Saturday, September 10, 2011

Three letters, one syllable, so many questions

Why? Why? Nothing else, just why?
So many questions, so little time.
So many choices, with outcomes uncertain.
So many cold nights, lost in thought behind dark curtains.
I sit here, I wonder, I speak, but then blunder but......why?

A word so simple, and yet so complex.
It can begin ALL questions, thus supporting my next....
conclusion? I would say, but I'm lost as you:
What gives this word power, and the reason it's abused?
I try, without ceasing, without tension's releasing I sigh......but why?

It all looks hopeless, I'm lost as I did state.
In all this confusion, I can only wait.
So that's what I'll do, yes, I'll sit and stop pacing
Pull key from ignition, and stop these thoughts' racing.
Patience, discerning, my insides no longer burning, but alas, I'm returning to.....why?

Why is humanity destroying itself
over trivial matters such as fame or wealth?
Why is pain the answer to all questions?
Before you exclaim, have you ever felt depression?
Why is this life so hard for the many?
Why do those who have much refuse to give any?
Why is love now a feeling, instead of a gift
that is given so freely, in this world that we live?
Why are questions like these not asked in the scenes
in the movies we watch and aloud the streets?
Why does God feel so far, when He's always so close.......
Why do people reject him.....why have I done it most.....

These questions they burn, my heart fills with sorrow.
I have no rest, for they return tomorrow.
I feel abandoned, alone on this quest
to answer the questions ignored by the rest.....
Unwavering, I stand, My mission is planned, with resolve so strong I will carry on....but.....why?    

No comments:

Post a Comment